Healthcare gov - After enrolling for coverage and paying premium through Healthcare.gov for myself & child, My child wasn't covered.
My 2013 medical coverage with Cigna for myself and 11 year old son was increasing from $280 to $350, effective Jan 1, 2014.So I decided to shop through Healthcare.gov website for a better coverage with lower deductible.
I completed the application on the website including providing my husbands information because they needed to know his income since I'm not employed. My husband has coverage through a former employer and didn't need coverage. At the end of the application process it gave me a message regarding Medicaid and they would contact me later. At this point I didn't know why they would be contacting me.
I was able to continue to the plan options and select coverage and I selected a plan costing $470 that I thought included health coverage for myself and son and additional dental coverage for my son. On this page the representative from Healthcare.gov said that it does look like I was applying for family coverage or at least dependent coverage. I didn't know that it didn't include my son. It took me two hours on hold to make my initial payment of$470 to Blue Cross.
After receiving my new membership card in the mail sometime in January, I noticed it didn't mention my son on the plan. Since the phone hold time was extremely long and unpredictable with Blue Cross, I emailed them with my concern about coverage including my son but they didn't respond. It took me several calls with Blue Cross to speak to a representative, sometimes I was on hold for nearly an hour before I had to hang up and try later. Today I finally spoke to a representative and they confirmed my son wasn't on the plan and that I need to go back to the healthcare.gov market place and speak to a representative to add him on the plan.
I then spoke to a Healthcare.gov representative and she said they placed my son on Medicaid by mistake (it was a mistake on their end) and that I need to cancel my application and coverage with Blue Cross to remove him from Medicaid and reapply so I can include him. The representative cancelled my previous application and I had to complete a second application to include him after he's removed from Medicaid. Now that I'm reviewing the new plans for coverage including my son, they have increased from $470 to over $600.00. So now, I've had to pay $351.00 today to reinstate / continue my old plan so I wouldn't lose my coverage from Cigna.
I've already paid $470.00 for my January coverage with Blue Cross through healthcare.gov which I find out after I've paid it didn't include coverage for my son. The Marketplace representative said that I need to ask Blue Cross to reimburse me for the $470 on my own and that they couldn't help me with this.
I've wasted so much of my time and now may lose $470. I don't see how Healthcare.gov is helping to lower my cost, it has cost me and will continue to cost me more.
If I wasn't persistent in finding the information regarding my son's coverage on my own, I would have lost coverage for myself and son if I hadn't paid my current premium by the end of the month.d3e6e45 review #472271
You may also like
- "—40— O’Shaughnessy’s • Winter/Spring 2013 It’s been tough at times, juggling medicine and motherhood. I never wanted children until I hit 30. Then I wanted four of them. I had four kids in seven..."
- "In South America in the early 80's some horrible murders have been made and committed during a military power gain, already many victims have been made and more grotesque ones..."
- "During the end of 1930's and early 1940's in the Netherlands: Almost all right Christians have taken the believes and Ideology of Adolf Hitler, that made around 30 to 40..."
- "Another Auto Armour car cover complaint from a dissatisfied customer I also purchased a 5-layer Jeep Cherokee car cover for outdoor use from Auto Armour less than a year ago on..."
- "I attempted to order online on Wed, Dec 17, 2014 @ 9:40p and it would not let me place an order, so I called the store to place the order..."
- "Beware of false advertisement. Advertises a clearance price of $34.99 for a shoe that sells for $54.99. Put in the size and color selection and went to check..."
- "Website states the recipient will receive within minutes usually, it has been over 24 hours and still nothing they took my money immediately out of my account but still have..."
- "On Friday March 7th I returned $223 worth un-scanned of clothing from Nasty Gal at store 6133 located on 75 N Woodward Ave, Tallahassee, FL 32306. Since the package came..."
- "I originally bought a 4L60e HD package [$1400 + $200 (tc) + $150 (fluid)]. I told them exactly what I had: lifted 4x4 Yukon with headers, intake, cam, & tune...."