Healthcare Gov - After enrolling for coverage and paying premium through Healthcare.gov for myself & child, My child wasn't covered.
My 2013 medical coverage with Cigna for myself and 11 year old son was increasing from $280 to $350, effective Jan 1, 2014.So I decided to shop through Healthcare.gov website for a better coverage with lower deductible.
I completed the application on the website including providing my husbands information because they needed to know his income since I'm not employed. My husband has coverage through a former employer and didn't need coverage. At the end of the application process it gave me a message regarding Medicaid and they would contact me later. At this point I didn't know why they would be contacting me.
I was able to continue to the plan options and select coverage and I selected a plan costing $470 that I thought included health coverage for myself and son and additional dental coverage for my son. On this page the representative from Healthcare.gov said that it does look like I was applying for family coverage or at least dependent coverage. I didn't know that it didn't include my son. It took me two hours on hold to make my initial payment of$470 to Blue Cross.
After receiving my new membership card in the mail sometime in January, I noticed it didn't mention my son on the plan. Since the phone hold time was extremely long and unpredictable with Blue Cross, I emailed them with my concern about coverage including my son but they didn't respond. It took me several calls with Blue Cross to speak to a representative, sometimes I was on hold for nearly an hour before I had to hang up and try later. Today I finally spoke to a representative and they confirmed my son wasn't on the plan and that I need to go back to the healthcare.gov market place and speak to a representative to add him on the plan.
I then spoke to a Healthcare.gov representative and she said they placed my son on Medicaid by mistake (it was a mistake on their end) and that I need to cancel my application and coverage with Blue Cross to remove him from Medicaid and reapply so I can include him. The representative cancelled my previous application and I had to complete a second application to include him after he's removed from Medicaid. Now that I'm reviewing the new plans for coverage including my son, they have increased from $470 to over $600.00. So now, I've had to pay $351.00 today to reinstate / continue my old plan so I wouldn't lose my coverage from Cigna.
I've already paid $470.00 for my January coverage with Blue Cross through healthcare.gov which I find out after I've paid it didn't include coverage for my son. The Marketplace representative said that I need to ask Blue Cross to reimburse me for the $470 on my own and that they couldn't help me with this.
I've wasted so much of my time and now may lose $470. I don't see how Healthcare.gov is helping to lower my cost, it has cost me and will continue to cost me more.
If I wasn't persistent in finding the information regarding my son's coverage on my own, I would have lost coverage for myself and son if I hadn't paid my current premium by the end of the month.review #472271
You may also like
- "In Amsterdam North march 2007 to 2012 several streets area's Nieuwendam-Noord, Volewijck-Tuindorp Buiksloterham, Buiksloterham, Meeuwenlaan, Motorwal, Motorkade & Ketelmakerij by several buildings corperations. A huge amount of money have veen..."
- "NC Secretary of State Corruption. As a former employee of Elain Marshall, Secretary of State for North Carolina I can tell you first hand how I was treated. ..."
- "My aunt just died,and we were cleaning out her basement apartment in my moms house.There was a bed frame and a kitchen table and the 4 chairs.My sister and I..."
- "I am complaining about Tulio Troche, owner & broker of T. Real Estate, Inc. In Orlando, Florida.He is the Listing Agent for Lamco and had listed a home for $60,000..."
- "I bought a dell laptop (model I14RN1818DBK I52430M) on 12/26/2011, at COMPUSA company, in Orlando, Florida. I also bought a 3-year SQUARETRADE warranty because they assured me it had international..."
- "I went to pepboys in Orlando florida store number 1496. The manager there quoted me for $1189. When I asked the manager how much it would cost to add something..."
- "Drove up to the drive thru after work at 12:30am and this is what I find...are you kidding me? Then some ghetto dude in the parking lot says "heyyyyy girl"...."
- "Signed up to have £16000 conservatory built. Given a date for installation, lifted our decking up in preparation called day if installation to be told job was cancelled. 5 dates..."
- "This is Roland Adams. I send 5 boxes to the Philippines last Feb. 24, 2015. They were able to received it by last week of May. I instructed my..."