Healthcare Gov - After enrolling for coverage and paying premium through Healthcare.gov for myself & child, My child wasn't covered.
My 2013 medical coverage with Cigna for myself and 11 year old son was increasing from $280 to $350, effective Jan 1, 2014.So I decided to shop through Healthcare.gov website for a better coverage with lower deductible.
I completed the application on the website including providing my husbands information because they needed to know his income since I'm not employed. My husband has coverage through a former employer and didn't need coverage. At the end of the application process it gave me a message regarding Medicaid and they would contact me later. At this point I didn't know why they would be contacting me.
I was able to continue to the plan options and select coverage and I selected a plan costing $470 that I thought included health coverage for myself and son and additional dental coverage for my son. On this page the representative from Healthcare.gov said that it does look like I was applying for family coverage or at least dependent coverage. I didn't know that it didn't include my son. It took me two hours on hold to make my initial payment of$470 to Blue Cross.
After receiving my new membership card in the mail sometime in January, I noticed it didn't mention my son on the plan. Since the phone hold time was extremely long and unpredictable with Blue Cross, I emailed them with my concern about coverage including my son but they didn't respond. It took me several calls with Blue Cross to speak to a representative, sometimes I was on hold for nearly an hour before I had to hang up and try later. Today I finally spoke to a representative and they confirmed my son wasn't on the plan and that I need to go back to the healthcare.gov market place and speak to a representative to add him on the plan.
I then spoke to a Healthcare.gov representative and she said they placed my son on Medicaid by mistake (it was a mistake on their end) and that I need to cancel my application and coverage with Blue Cross to remove him from Medicaid and reapply so I can include him. The representative cancelled my previous application and I had to complete a second application to include him after he's removed from Medicaid. Now that I'm reviewing the new plans for coverage including my son, they have increased from $470 to over $600.00. So now, I've had to pay $351.00 today to reinstate / continue my old plan so I wouldn't lose my coverage from Cigna.
I've already paid $470.00 for my January coverage with Blue Cross through healthcare.gov which I find out after I've paid it didn't include coverage for my son. The Marketplace representative said that I need to ask Blue Cross to reimburse me for the $470 on my own and that they couldn't help me with this.
I've wasted so much of my time and now may lose $470. I don't see how Healthcare.gov is helping to lower my cost, it has cost me and will continue to cost me more.
If I wasn't persistent in finding the information regarding my son's coverage on my own, I would have lost coverage for myself and son if I hadn't paid my current premium by the end of the month.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "A Moroccan-Dutch police officer named RÃ© Lemhaouli succeeded in giving top private Dutch Police files to the Moroccan government. Working together in an early fase with Minister Rouvoet and prinsess..."
- "In Amsterdam North march 2007 to 2012 several streets area's Nieuwendam-Noord, Volewijck-Tuindorp Buiksloterham, Buiksloterham, Meeuwenlaan, Motorwal, Motorkade & Ketelmakerij by several buildings corperations. A huge amount of money have veen..."
- "Suriname has made in April 2012 a new law that Desi Bouterse has been spoken free for all the December murders on 8 decemer 1982. Next to that all people..."
- "I made a reservation for a rental car last night on advantage.com. I read all the verbiage that was on my reservation screen. Apparently, you have to click..."
- "On June 7th we made a simple drop-off to have a chipped diamond replaced in Emily’s wedding ring. We were told that her ring repair was covered under a service..."
- "Brighthouse, Orlando FL - was scheduled to activate TV, Internet and Phone service at my parent's new home, which also has a Legrand home automation (HA) and Unity integration system...."
- "Silverware dirty, for the inconvience they give you a card gor something free but you have to purchase something to get the free item, and they give you the wrong..."
- "After spending untold amounts of money with BLUE PERL DERMATOLOGE WE can't even to have ANY ONE to call back. Told them the Meds are not working and our dog..."
- "This so-called attorney attempted to intimidate me based on the false allegations of his personal friend, Paulette Elaine Rocco Gosden Tumbarello. She is a real estate broker in Hilton..."