Healthcare Gov - After enrolling for coverage and paying premium through Healthcare.gov for myself & child, My child wasn't covered.
My 2013 medical coverage with Cigna for myself and 11 year old son was increasing from $280 to $350, effective Jan 1, 2014.So I decided to shop through Healthcare.gov website for a better coverage with lower deductible.
I completed the application on the website including providing my husbands information because they needed to know his income since I'm not employed. My husband has coverage through a former employer and didn't need coverage. At the end of the application process it gave me a message regarding Medicaid and they would contact me later. At this point I didn't know why they would be contacting me.
I was able to continue to the plan options and select coverage and I selected a plan costing $470 that I thought included health coverage for myself and son and additional dental coverage for my son. On this page the representative from Healthcare.gov said that it does look like I was applying for family coverage or at least dependent coverage. I didn't know that it didn't include my son. It took me two hours on hold to make my initial payment of$470 to Blue Cross.
After receiving my new membership card in the mail sometime in January, I noticed it didn't mention my son on the plan. Since the phone hold time was extremely long and unpredictable with Blue Cross, I emailed them with my concern about coverage including my son but they didn't respond. It took me several calls with Blue Cross to speak to a representative, sometimes I was on hold for nearly an hour before I had to hang up and try later. Today I finally spoke to a representative and they confirmed my son wasn't on the plan and that I need to go back to the healthcare.gov market place and speak to a representative to add him on the plan.
I then spoke to a Healthcare.gov representative and she said they placed my son on Medicaid by mistake (it was a mistake on their end) and that I need to cancel my application and coverage with Blue Cross to remove him from Medicaid and reapply so I can include him. The representative cancelled my previous application and I had to complete a second application to include him after he's removed from Medicaid. Now that I'm reviewing the new plans for coverage including my son, they have increased from $470 to over $600.00. So now, I've had to pay $351.00 today to reinstate / continue my old plan so I wouldn't lose my coverage from Cigna.
I've already paid $470.00 for my January coverage with Blue Cross through healthcare.gov which I find out after I've paid it didn't include coverage for my son. The Marketplace representative said that I need to ask Blue Cross to reimburse me for the $470 on my own and that they couldn't help me with this.
I've wasted so much of my time and now may lose $470. I don't see how Healthcare.gov is helping to lower my cost, it has cost me and will continue to cost me more.
If I wasn't persistent in finding the information regarding my son's coverage on my own, I would have lost coverage for myself and son if I hadn't paid my current premium by the end of the month.review #472271
You may also like
- "After a very ugly divorce, I reunited with a previous boyfriend and soon after became pregnant. My X called CPS 11 times to no avail. However, the day..."
- "HAARP (High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program) is a system being used by Barack Obama and the United States Government to purposely manipulate the weather over certain areas of the country..."
- "—40— O’Shaughnessy’s • Winter/Spring 2013 It’s been tough at times, juggling medicine and motherhood. I never wanted children until I hit 30. Then I wanted four of them. I had four kids in seven..."
- "We purchased King Size Restonic Mattress set in May 2010. First set they sent was the wrong set so we had to wait for the right set to be sent...."
- "I took in my 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse to a Tires Plus in Lake Mary, FL for a price quote on 4 new tires. I was looking at the buy 3..."
- "RECEIPTS , CABINETS AND GOODS WANTED!! These people either grossly UNDERBID a project they were not capable of or I have been SCAM*ED. My attorney is working this out now if..."
- "Review of Pizza Hut, Sector 28, Vashi, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, INDIA. BAN Pizza Hut. 3rd class people spl Mr. Sekhar Mane, Dada giri se baat karta hai kamina. 1) Wrong Delivery, 2) Late..."
- "This was a 3x pepperoni with black olives i waited 1hour 1mins for when i complained said it would be another hour not even a sorry worst service ever..."
- "A Few years ago I purchased a GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator; little did I know that this would eventually cause me a world of trouble. After a short while the refrigerator..."