Healthcare Gov - After enrolling for coverage and paying premium through Healthcare.gov for myself & child, My child wasn't covered.
My 2013 medical coverage with Cigna for myself and 11 year old son was increasing from $280 to $350, effective Jan 1, 2014.So I decided to shop through Healthcare.gov website for a better coverage with lower deductible.
I completed the application on the website including providing my husbands information because they needed to know his income since I'm not employed. My husband has coverage through a former employer and didn't need coverage. At the end of the application process it gave me a message regarding Medicaid and they would contact me later. At this point I didn't know why they would be contacting me.
I was able to continue to the plan options and select coverage and I selected a plan costing $470 that I thought included health coverage for myself and son and additional dental coverage for my son. On this page the representative from Healthcare.gov said that it does look like I was applying for family coverage or at least dependent coverage. I didn't know that it didn't include my son. It took me two hours on hold to make my initial payment of$470 to Blue Cross.
After receiving my new membership card in the mail sometime in January, I noticed it didn't mention my son on the plan. Since the phone hold time was extremely long and unpredictable with Blue Cross, I emailed them with my concern about coverage including my son but they didn't respond. It took me several calls with Blue Cross to speak to a representative, sometimes I was on hold for nearly an hour before I had to hang up and try later. Today I finally spoke to a representative and they confirmed my son wasn't on the plan and that I need to go back to the healthcare.gov market place and speak to a representative to add him on the plan.
I then spoke to a Healthcare.gov representative and she said they placed my son on Medicaid by mistake (it was a mistake on their end) and that I need to cancel my application and coverage with Blue Cross to remove him from Medicaid and reapply so I can include him. The representative cancelled my previous application and I had to complete a second application to include him after he's removed from Medicaid. Now that I'm reviewing the new plans for coverage including my son, they have increased from $470 to over $600.00. So now, I've had to pay $351.00 today to reinstate / continue my old plan so I wouldn't lose my coverage from Cigna.
I've already paid $470.00 for my January coverage with Blue Cross through healthcare.gov which I find out after I've paid it didn't include coverage for my son. The Marketplace representative said that I need to ask Blue Cross to reimburse me for the $470 on my own and that they couldn't help me with this.
I've wasted so much of my time and now may lose $470. I don't see how Healthcare.gov is helping to lower my cost, it has cost me and will continue to cost me more.
If I wasn't persistent in finding the information regarding my son's coverage on my own, I would have lost coverage for myself and son if I hadn't paid my current premium by the end of the month.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "In the Netherlands the Dutch kabinet 1st room & 2nd room & gouvernement & the Central Organ House of AsylumSeekers (COA) have caught Turkish politicIan Nurten Albayrak: The female politican..."
- "In the Netherlands there is a law system that can't be checked always if it is in the wrong hands. The discretionary jurisdiction, the State Secretary of Justice is able..."
- "HELLO first of all i want to say thank you to our vets who protect us and second of all i do believe that every country needs ..."
- "My complaint is against Surface Solutions & Design and its owner/operators, Peter M. *** and Lucie R. Elmer, for being deceptive about their product and the absolutely terrible floor installation..."
- "Schnauzersrus.com is a wonderful place to buy a puppy. That's why she gets top dollar for her puppies. You get what you pay for. Marcimo the person who posted the..."
- "Sent the following to Quickie Help: Hello - to whom this may concern, I have purchased a a quickie twist mop (Twist Mop with Spot Scrubber) - and the mop head broke..."
- "Hello, I love pizza hut and often order from there. However, I had an experience at the store located at Miami FL, 6625 S Dixie Hwy, 33143 on January 29th around..."
- "I purchased Real COCO coconut water today from COSTCO. The nutritional values outside the box and inside on each container of coconut water is different. IT has more sodium..."
- "I had two bad experiences with Pizza hut. One as you can see from the photo, waited over and hour for the pizza and got folded slices of pizza...."