This new health insurance system has now put me in default with my doctors and Connecticare.Connecticare sent me a cancellation notice postmarked on 5/30 with a cancellation date of 5/31, I received it on 6/5, so I am officially canceled (excellent).

The law says I need to be insured and it says my deductible can be so high that I can not possibly pay my deductible and my premiums at the very same time. One emergency visit due to light-headedness while driving on a highway turned into this crazy horrible financial situation that I am having a hard time even believing. In the old days, I had a nice manageable low-cost health insurance plan...I could pick my coverage, and if I needed health care services I could afford the payments. We don't make too little income to get a lower premium and we don't make enough to afford the super high deductible ($12000/yr), the super high premium ($1100/mo), our mortgage $1,800/mo) and plus all of our other monthly living expenses.

This is absolutely insane.We now have no coverage and won't have coverage because I can't afford the lowest plan option the government has limited me to.

Review about: Connecticare Lowest Rate Plan.

I didn't like: Always call me to offer coverage even though i had it already.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Health Insurance
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Healthcare Gov?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion