I enrolled for 2015, and while my doctor didn't accept my insurer, I was at least able to get my prescriptions at a discount because of the policy (it wasn't doctor-specific).For 2016, that insurer was no longer available to me and so the nightmare began.

After completing the application, I began receiving notices from the "Marketplace" that I needed to provide documents regarding my income, as it was different from the previous year,. Not an unreasonable request because my income had decreased due to my retirement. Once I completed my tax return for 2015, I uploaded a copy to the website. I figured all was well.

Nope. I received another notice identical to the last. I called them to verify they had received the document uploaded, and guess what? They CAN'T see any documents you upload.

They told me so. I was advised to send my SS 1099 and/or W2 by mail, which I did, and guess what? Yesterday I received a 'FINAL NOTICE'. I immediately went to the website and cancelled my insurance, then went to the insurer's website and informed them of my cancellation.

The *** with it.

I'll pay the fine, and enroll in Medicare at the end of this year anyway.I don't have the patience for incompetence in my life, regardless of the form it takes.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "someone at the agency should be responsible for actually looking at (and verifying receipt of) uploaded or mailed-in documents!" as the author lost $700. This person is overall dissatisfied with Healthcare Gov. The most disappointing about healthcare gov insurance plan at Healthcare Gov was lack of accountability appeal, communication among diff entity in obamacare system and requesting documents , but reviewer liked online access. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Healthcare Gov.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Government and Politics category for more informed decision or compare Healthcare Gov to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Healthcare Gov?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1115495

Sometimes, we get what we vote for.