2.3

I signed up for Florida Blue in November during open enrollment knowing I was losing my health coverage. I was so excited to see that all 4 of my important doctors were covered by Florida Blue so I signed up.

But low and behold Florida Blue lied about which doctors would be covered in January when using the healthcare.gov website to search for doctors. Come January I go to my therapist and he is not covered and Florida Blue is still reporting on healthcare.gov and not only that only 1 doctor, only my ObGyn was covered so only 1 out of 4 doctors that was supposed to be covered was actually covered. I could never print my insurance card from their website nor did they ever mail one and when I called they just said oh the website is having problems. So I called healthcare.gov and they said that I could switch to the only other insurance available on the exchange Ambetter.

2 different representatives told me that coverage would take affect for March if I applied any time in January after the 14th. (I waited until the very end of January) and also when I did it with the rep on the phone on healthcare.govs website to be certain it said my coverage would begin in march. Instead they altered it a month early when I already had an OBgyn appointment and I had to pay out of pocket for something that would have been free. So I had to call and get them to change it the way it was supposed to be.

I called healthcare.gov and they canceled my insurance with Ambetter but did not get it reinstated with FloridaBlue. So effectively I right now was uninsured for February without my consent. I can't believe how incompetent they all are. If I knew FloridaBlue was not going to cover most of my doctors I would have signed up with Ambetter initially and I would have had time to find another ObGyn.

(Both Florida Blue and healthcare.gov are equally as incompetent) As a result I had to pay $60 a visit to my therapist self pay for the 1st month and since I had no coverage in Feb due their incompetence I am out the cost of the medications (About $85) over $100 for the doctor and I still haven't gotten a lab bill about $90. I have to borrow money from my parents to pay these bills FYI I am on the silver subsidy.

So healthcare.gov tried to fix it supposedly but at the end of the day I ended up uninsured with both insurance companies that I did not consent to. They need to reinstate my Florida Blue coverage so I can be reimbursed for the month of Feb

Review about: Healthcare Gov Customer Care.

Reason of review: reinstate insurance.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: It was supposed to give me affordable health insurance.

I didn't like: Dropped my coverage for a month claiming a computer glich.

Comments