2.6

I have been trying to get a corrected 1095-A for 2016 from the MarketPlace since the beginning of Feb. The 1095-A they sent had an incorrect amount for Jan and nothing for Feb - Dec.

After calls to the MarketPlace and my insurance company, the insurance company sent me and the MarketPlace the correct insurance/payment info on Feb. 14. The initial escalation with the MarketPlace was closed, but they never provided an updated 1095-A. I called them again and a new escalation was opened.

Finally on March 16, the MarketPlace called me and I believe I was told that the corrected form would be available online and sent to me after March 20. Still nothing! I called on March 27 and was told it would be April 10 !!! After really thinking about this, I called them again on March 29 trying to get to speak with someone in the escalation dept., especially since the "help desk" doesn't have access to escalation information (other than what they see on my file).

I would think that they should have some software that runs either nightly, weekly, or monthly to generate 1095s when needed.

How can I believe that the form will be available on or after April 10? My options as I see them are: 1) file for an extension, 2) file my taxes now with the incorrect/missing 1095-A information and file an amended return later, or 3) file my taxes now based on the information provided by my insurance company for Jan - Dec premium and tax credit (and deal with the IRS later should info not agree with what they have).

Product or Service Mentioned: Healthcare Gov Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 29, 2017.

Comments